Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Taste of Childhood

Today, I went out with mum for a couple hours of shopping. It was too rush in the morning, hence I didn't have time for breakfast.

I thought it was good that this will reduce my calories intake today but it was not. Today, I am over, over, over!

We passed by a shop, which attracted my attention, which I thought it is a new eatery shop. But mum told me this is the shop that sells pig organs soup, which we used to visit 20+ year back. That time, we were staying in a rented wooden house, simple and happy family. :)

I still can remember clearly those day during my childhood, I used to follow my papa (my father) several times a week to visit the stall for the taste of rice and soup. Now, it is open in a shop (永成记猪杂汤饭), run by the uncle's children.

Today, I ordered the porridge for my lunch, still taste the same, tastes like my childhood time's memory. 




We also ate the asam vegetables, the taste was just ordinary and I think it's not in the menu of the old days. Not as good as having a cup of kopi O ice.

After a walk, I ate some toasts with my 2nd booster, hazelnut white coffee.


During the preparation of dinner, I felt so much from my childhood lunch, so I want to cook a delicious dinner to my loved ones, especially my little Jer. I hope he will remember my good food too.

What is more simple than a bowl of fried rice with love? One of my good recipes tho. 


I think I will come to immune and resist to "beautiful" food at one point during diet. However, I wasn't able to, when I looked and smelled the fragrance from these rice. I stole few bites as appetizer. Hehe.

Here comes my main course of the evening, I guess you may want to try it too. :) The pork fries definitely add stars to this dish.


OK, end of the day. Back to now......focus and continue my diet hobby tomorrow. 

Good night!



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) next time wanna try tomyam fried rice hehe

      Delete
    2. dowan!! i wan tomyam and pineapple fried rice!

      Delete